Download and Listen
You can grab the entire course as a 1.5 gigabyte zip file or download individual modules using the links below.
All audio is in MP3 format.
- The Ideas of Liberty 2.4 hours
- John Locke's Two Treatises of Government 2.7 hours
- Thomas Paine's Common Sense 1.3 hours Thomas Jefferson and the Declaration of Independence 1.2 hours
- Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations (part 1) 2.5 hours
- Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations (part 2) 2.2 hours
- The Constitution of the United States of America 2.4 hours
- The Bill of Rights and Subsequent Amendments to the Constitution 2.4 hours
- John Stuart Mill's On Liberty 1.2 hours Mary Wollstonecraft's Vindication of the Rights of Woman 1.4 hours
- Thoreau's Civil Disobedience 1 hour William Lloyd Garrison's The Liberator 1 hour
- The Achievement of 19th Century Classical Liberalism 3.2 hours
- The "Austrian" Case for the Free Market 3 hours
- The Modern Quest for Liberty 3.1 hours
Spend time with some of the world's greatest minds and truest friends of freedom.
The Cato Home Study Course offers an opportunity to deepen your perspectives, knowledge, and insight through exposure to some of the world's most compelling thinkers.
The growth of human freedom – and with it science, culture, and capitalist prosperity – are examined, explained, and clarified through the works and ideas of some of our civilization's most brilliant thinkers. Mastering their ideas can make you a more effective advocate of freedom, a more informed and interesting member of your community, and someone more people will turn to for guidance and insights.
The Cato Home Study Course immerses you in the thoughts and views of John Locke, Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, James Madison, Adam Smith, Voltaire, John Stuart Mill, Henry David Thoreau, Ayn Rand, F.A. Hayek, Milton Friedman, and others. You are stimulated and surrounded by their ground-breaking ideas on liberty, justice, property, constitutionalism, free trade, capitalism, toleration, and peace.
This is a self-paced, home study program, enabling you to spend time with brilliant minds wherever and whenever you have an opportunity to listen and think. Each program is presented by professional actors and broadcasters, and the content is lively, dynamic, and truly thought-provoking.