Libertarianism.org Video Contest
Submissions are being accepted from now through September 30, 2016 (deadline extended) for the first ever Libertarianism.org Video Contest.
The prize: with a $4,000 award for each of three winning entries.
The theme: What makes you passionate about liberty?
The contest is open to filmmakers of all ages. However—for agreeing to the official rules/signing release and permission forms—all films must be officially entered by an individual who is at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, or in the case of an entrant below that age, by a parent or legal guardian. The name of the filmmaker will be the name associated and identified with the submitted entry throughout the competition and awards process.
How to Enter
- Films must 30 to 60 seconds long.
- Video entries must:
- Be no more than 100 MB in size
- Have a resolution of at least 1280 x 720
- Have an aspect ratio of 16:9
- Be saved in .mov, .wmv, .mp4, .avi, .m4v, .3gp, .3g2, or .flv format. (You will be asked to provide your video in its original format if you are chosen as one of the finalists. Please note: .mov and .mp4 are preferred.)
- Be original works for this competition
- Only use authorized content—including music, images, film clips, and other intellectual or copyrighted property and does not contain defamatory or otherwise unlawful matter.
- Be appropriate for viewing by the general public (to be determined by Libertarianism. org team members).
- Warrant that the submission is an original work, not copied from others, and does not violate the rights of any other person or entity.
- Not have been entered into any other previously held video contest regardless of contest results.
- Entries will be evaluated based on creativity, originality, message, production quality, and overall presentation
- All entries will be initially reviewed by the Libertarianism.org, with the consultation of technical experts throughout the decision-making process. (Whether a video is within the spirit of the contest is in the discretion of our team. You will be notified and given an opportunity to re-submit at a mutually agreed-upon time if your video was rejected based on a failure to meet contest guidelines.)
- Three winners will be selected. Each will receive $4,000 and will be publicly recognized by Libertarianism.org
Ownership & Use
The ownership of any submission remains the property of the filmmaker, but entry into the competition constitutes the entrant’s permission and consent, without compensation, with or without attribution, for Libertarianism.org, its affiliates, and affiliated third party marketing organizations, to use, reproduce, transmit, post, distribute, adapt, edit, display, the submission.
Cash prizes are taxable income. Contest winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. This Contest is held only where permissible by law and is governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, with venue in Washington, D.C., and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Washington, D.C.